It is believed that the frontier of information science is increasingly characterized by not only catching up with the human intelligence (e.g. intelligent sensing, and making decision and control), but also learning much from the nature-inspired attributes (e.g., dynamics, self-adaptability, and energy saving). Among such research areas, a newly-emerged interdisciplinary, Cybermatics (i.e., cyber technology) as we call here, includes three main aspects: Internet of Things (IoT), cyber, physical and social computing, and green computing and communications.
The Cybermatics Creative Video Contest is a call for works from academia and industry for digital videos that involve any video work, information design and digital animation work about the concept of cyber technology. The content within the video must be related to cyber technology, IoT and big data, and demonstrate how it can produce a great impact on the future of human life.
We welcome video submissions from at home and abroad, and from any academic, business, education and government circles to take part in the "Cybermatics Creative Video Contest ". Please submit your video that conforms to the following specifications to email@example.com:
- Video size: HD (1920×1280), or SD (1280×720).
- Video format: AVI, WMV, MOV, MP4
- Video time: Up to 5 minutes.
- Deadline: June 10, 2013
- Notification of Acceptance: June 30, 2013
Please also include the title of your video, the team members and affiliation, and an abstract of up to 150 words that explains your video, what makes it is applicable to cybermatics, and how it can help improve human life.
The contest will happen in two phases:
1) The videos are evaluated according to creativity, relevance and impact, and choose the top 5 videos.
2) The selected 5 videos will be exhibited in the conference, where each author will give a 30 second pitch as to why his/her video should be the winner. The conference attendees will then vote for the winner.
Cybermatics Video Chairs:
Ning Wang, Beihang University, China
Jun Fei, Chinese Academy of Fine Arts, China